Saturday, March 30, 2019

sea creature





you slipped from the sea, glistening in the aqua
embrace of air and moon, and stalked the bruised shoreline.
I in despair, haunted the void between shore and sea,
and the emptiness between earth and sky


in the piercing night I longed for your flesh as I whispered
your secret name, and in the spray of broken waves
the hands of the sea, touched my longing eyes, and then I called
the sea and gathered the waves, and from the depths you tumbled
from the sea, abandoning your fin-folk,and I captured your skin,
and held it entwined in my hands,

against all the tides and lunar ropes, against the cruelty of sky,
and silent undertow, you fell into my hands and twisted
your skin into my breath and curve of my mouth, and
you in your lust trembled your surrendered to me.

You in your need consumed me, the tendrils of your flesh
wove me into your tide and desire, then from the sea
you grew and on the painful shards of shore you suffered
the sting of submission and surrender.

You bled into me the gift of your pelt.

I in my doubt, lost in the terror of history, a victim
of a tempestuous sea, a voyager, longed for the skin
of a creature, a sea creature as elusive as the crest of a wave.

You surrendered your skin, the gift of your being and curled
at my feet. the fury and rage of the sea, the strength of tides
were unable to bend you, yet with liquid eyes and firm hands
you draped your skin into my arms.
And then clung to me so storm and upheaval could not drive you to
reclaim your pelt.

my creature of the sea.

No comments: